U11s, U13s, U15s, U18s
In today’s social-media driven world, girls are placed under immense pressure – whether it be to look good, to talk in a certain manner, to hold certain views or to act in a particular way. Negative issues abound, whether it be how they view themselves or what they feel they are capable or incapable of doing.
Rugby is one of the most inclusive of sports and ideal for girls; it doesn’t matter if they are tall or short, stick thin or more sturdily built, a super-fast runner or a slower but stronger one – there is a position for them. They might have had a tough week, but on a Sunday they can come along and be themselves whilst, at the same time, being part of a strong supportive team.
Our players come from a broad social range and attend a number of different schools but at training and on the pitch, they are all equal and they play as one. We focus on fun and inclusivity and firm friendships are forged.
We have Girls only teams at the following age groups:
- U11’s – school years 5 & 6
- U13’s – school years 7 & 8
- U15’s – school years 9 & 10
- U18’s – school years 11, 12 & 13
U11 girls can still play mixed rugby if they wish as does give them access to wider playing opportunities but many are happier with an all girls setup. The choice is theirs. Younger Girls play in our mixed age groups...check out the Kid First Pages.
Why Choose Dorking for your child's Start in Rugby?
- Fully inclusive Club for all abilities - every player is important
- Old Mutual Wealth Kids First Rugby
- RFU Qualified Coaches in every Age Group
- DBS Screened Coaches
- RFU Accredited Club & RFU Best Practices
- Player Pathway for rugby and personal development
- First Aiders & Qualified Physio on-site
- Expansive pitches & newly refurbished clubhouse
- Plentiful Parking
- Professionally run catering with great coffee and the best bacon butties
- Bar open every Sunday from 12
- Competitive subscriptions with multi-child discounts
- Home of Dorking Festival with over 2,000 kids attending
- Summer Holiday Rugby Camps
- Annual Mini and Youth Tours